Thursday, March 13, 2014

Being Present

I am very lucky to be able to hang out with you every morning.

You've been great, reading Spanish into the computer every morning.  Reading Spanish books, over and over.

It was so cold this morning that you told me stories of how the wind carried your friend into the street.  Or when your ran around the yard during Hurricane Sandy.  and you SAW the wind.

You changed your coat because it was too cold, we saw the wind blowing the trees outside.  Like the branches were going to beat their way into the apartment.

It was in the 50's earlier this week, almost like spring.  And next week, it's back to snow.

==
Two nights ago, I was very very sad.  We went out for a dinner and a cabaret show.  $200.  And she likes to turn everything into a joke.  When I said, twice, "My self confidence is shot, I feel like nobody ever listens,"  she treated it like a sitcom joke. "I think I know that woman over there," and "Look out the window at the crane!!"  And then she spent the rest of the night talking about her ex-husband (who dumped her again) and her boyfriend (who she dumped).

Not the way to treat a friend.

Dawn, Scrumpy's Mom, suffers from the same form of narcissism.

However, I had a wonderful dinner with a friend from college last night. Spaghetti and conversation.  Just being present.

It's important to feel, when you are with a friend, that you are the most interesting thing in the room.

(I wish that for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment