Saturday, February 22, 2014

Banana Art

You arrived back home on this Saturday night, after your Feb vacation.

Knocked on my door & then went into the bathroom, knowing I'd be a minute. (Especially because I've been sick in bed for the past 2 weeks with a cold)

"No offense, but your voice still sounds bad"

Then you looked up "Dont mine at night" a Katy Perry (she's Portuguese !!) spoof involving Minecraft. Then another one which was a Bruno Mars spoof of the same.

Your father mentioned a colleague who left to join the educational arm of Minecraft. And then bemoaned the fact that he wasn't a successful app billionaire. We have had that exact conversation repeatedly, so after giving him some pity, I left the room.

A came home, so I left the room, too sick to try to be nice to everyone in the noise & confusion.

For a while, with you, I was actually having fun again.

That's what I was hoping for when I first moved in. A place, an opportunity to play with a kid. I wonder how much easier things would have been for me, your father (even A) if things hadn't moved so fast.

Ah well, things happen as they do, and I've had a lot of fun sitting on the floor doing art with you. Every minute.

Everything else is just complaining & what ifs.













No comments:

Post a Comment