Sunday, January 13, 2013

Drunk Texting

So you wanted to reach out a few days after Xmas. You gave me a present before I left, so I'm guessing we're still "friends".  Even though we haven't connected since we talked after Sandy Hook.  (Boy, was I a mess)

I'm 200 miles away.  Watching "The Way We Were".  And you start texting me.

8:26pm
"Have a good new year.""With plenty of health."
"And warmth and good work and all good things."

8;53pm
"It's hard to find one's calling"
"Death, as I have learned, presses the question."
"Particularly our own deaths"

I tried to call.

"Ar dinner,  we are"
"Reverse word order"

"RToward the end of his life, Charlie Parker went to morgues to look at people.  He said he was "looking for a friend".  He would ride the A-Train for hours and hours"
"You are confusing him with John Coltrane")
Relatively okay.) (Response to R's mom)

10:20
"I am a dark soul.  Be careful"

No matter what I write to you, you are not responding to me.  I'm guessing (from experience) when you write to me on Fridays or Saturdays, that you have been drinking.

I tried sending you pictures of art I saw on New Year's Eve (I was wandering around Northampton)  No response.

I wrote to you, a week later, literally just "Hi!"

You sent back an email saying that you were going out of the country.  That day.  Which means that your plans have changed and that someone's mother is sicker than you realized.  It also means that maybe the jet lag is going to kick in like it did last time.  You won't be able to sleep for 48 hours, or longer.  And that makes anyone crazy. ("The difference between neurosis and psychosis is 2 hours of sleep").

I don't understand what you are trying to tell me.  And why you can't talk to me during the day, normally.  And I wish you could explain yourself.

And I'm not expecting that you will ever talk to me again.  (And I'm okay with that)


No comments:

Post a Comment