Monday, June 10, 2013

Good Luck, Kid

Babysitting time 4-9pm, Monday nights

So tonight you said, and I quote: "I know you are not magic".

Not in a negative way, but in a way that shows me how you've known all along.  And you just wanted me to know that you know.  (The game of "close your eyes and I'll turn into a talking dog toy" doesn't quite work for you anymore.)

We were drawing.  You did a great picture of your Dad's drum kit (he gave you a quick lesson before he left).  I sketched you and then you sketched me.

So you are watching "Good Luck, Charlie" on the Disney Channel.  Which is exactly this.

Some kind of web-diary for a kid, who still hears her toys talking to her.

I just hope you remember that I was the one who let you watch tv.  (I will make you read tonight too)



No comments:

Post a Comment