Saturday, June 15, 2013

Why It Really Did Work Out Well, but for other people

You remember that day we wrote to each other. (350 emails?)  That Sunday.  You hadn't gotten much sleep. The Friday before, you were up for 48 hours straight.

350 emails.  And then staying up, "reaffirming our friendship".

So, that was the night when She sat up with the Antifreeze. ("But the time you get this, all 3 of us will be dead,")  August 19, 2012?  Something like that.

And then more the next few days. Her whirlwind.

And even if all three of them were actually "fine", I DO believe that my intervention (and your support-your heart shaped smile when I felt so completely alone) were good in the longer run.  (Although I suffered, and still do over it)

Well, the second part of this is about LOVE.

The line from "Nights in White Satin", about the letters I've written, never meaning to send.  [LIWNMTS}

I NEVER stopped writing to you.  I just stopped SENDING emails to you.

Remember I wrote a story about "Invisible Magic"?  I randomly thought about a present for you.  And came up with an idea that I'd write a story a week, every week, until you were ready to talk to me.  A year.  2?  As many as it would take.  So I started this blog.  And lots of others.

The Six Degrees of M was a way to convince you to appreciate the group.  A smart guy like you (if I were you, I'd be dubious about them too).

And so, I ended up getting a table at the M convention.  My best friend met her soul mate there.  Bringing them together brings them both SOOOOO much love.  They are "open" to stuff like that-in ways that I'm not sure that I am.  And they are stupid in LOVE.  Silly.  And I'm happy for them.  And I want you to know that even if you and I don't have a direct connection---- then at LEAST 4 other people (R and E, and my friend K and the guy H_I should go through your record collection, CSNY. . . . and remember how we were going to listen to the Mamas and the Papas next time-that one too!)

4 people are made happy from our friendship so far.  Maybe me sometimes.  Maybe you.  I have no idea.  So far. . .

(And the song, "Right as the Rain" just came on)


No comments:

Post a Comment