Sunday, December 16, 2012

Your Desk

This is what your desk looked like as of 3 weeks ago.  The balloons are from my friend's surprise birthday party.  You put them to the best use.


There's a picture you printed out of a mushroom.  You and your father and your father's girlfriend (I don't want to use any names here at all, for any of us.  Not yet, at least) had gone for a walk in Inwood Hill Park.  You took a picture of a pink mushroom on her iPhone.  Then pressed "print"  (and used up a good chunk of your dad's expensive printer ink from his new printer.

So here's what it looks like, up close.


We sat down to draw.  I don't have what you drew that day.  You found a face in the mushroom.  I drew this:


It's on my wall.  I love it.  I love drawing with you.  It's the time of my day when I can stop judging myself or my output.  I don't think of you as a kid at all.  We are peers.  If anything, you are the one that teaches me. About drawing, about laughing, about life.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment